Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kids Triathlon a Huge Success


I think this comment from one of our parents says it all.

Hi David,
I wanted to take the time to thank you for letting my son participate in the Kids Triathlon. In addition to that, I also want to thank you for allowing me to be with him during the bike and the last ½ mile run. I wanted him to finish and me being with him allowed him to finish. He learned so much from that event, I want to share it with you.

He thanked me for taking him, “thanks for taking me to the kids triathlon, I would have been at home watching TV” This gave him a sense of accomplishment.
Though his face did not show it at the end of the race or at the awards portion, he wants to compete in the next two. He enjoyed himself.
This event has instilled a sense of confidence.
Yesterday I asked him what he wanted to do over the summer; one of the items was run and ride his bike to practice for the next race. He is setting goals.
Today he is wearing the award and his t-shirt to school and he is going to tell his class what he did. That shows a lot of pride.

We look forward to participating in the next event.
Thank you,
Matthew S. K

No comments: